Bait?

Go down

Bait?

Post  NesOne on 6/19/2008, 05:50

I don't have a good fishing story, but need some advice. Near my house is a man made lake in a park called Apollo Park, Lancaster CA. I think they stock Trout. So I was wondering what is some good cheap bait that I can use? Some tips would be greatly appreciated. Some guy told me once to use cheddar cheese dipped in garlic oil.

thanks
NesOne

Number of posts : 110
Rep Points :
1 / 1001 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bait?

Post  Admin on 6/20/2008, 05:15

I don't have much for secret weapons. I just use lures and minnows...
I will ask around though..
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 248
Rep Points :
3 / 1003 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-19

View user profile http://garage-inc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ToroGuy on 6/20/2008, 11:32

NesOne wrote:I don't have a good fishing story, but need some advice. Near my house is a man made lake in a park called Apollo Park, Lancaster CA. I think they stock Trout. So I was wondering what is some good cheap bait that I can use? Some tips would be greatly appreciated. Some guy told me once to use cheddar cheese dipped in garlic oil.

thanks

I never heard of the cheese thing, but hey, ya never know. My suggestion for beginner fisherman would be to use live bait. I would think that would be perfect for lake fishing. If that doesn't work, try asking some of the locals what type of lures they are using for trout. I have had good luck with a spinner lure called a "rooster tail" That was for rainbow trout. Also find out what type trout is stocked in the lake.
ToroGuy

Number of posts : 10
Rep Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NesOne on 6/21/2008, 04:01

Worms it is then. I read on a site (http://fishingnetwork.net/socal/apollo.htm) that they "stock rainbow trout from Winter through early Spring and catfish during the summer months. There are also bluegill, largemouth bass, crappie, and carp in here"

Once my schedule goes back to normal next month I'm going to be hitting the lake every other Friday with my kids while they are on vacation Cool
NesOne

Number of posts : 110
Rep Points :
1 / 1001 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  buzhunter on 6/22/2008, 11:46

If you're just fishing to be fishing go with a bobber and a worm. You'll almost always get lucky. I haven't done much trout fishing but I do know that they are among the smartest of fish and you have to take great care to outsmart them. I myself like crankbait for bass. Roostertails work great for just about anything. Like I said though, bobber and worm is almost always a sure thing. A lot of peple tend to look down on that method as "kid fishing" but I could walk a creek all day long with a box of worms and it will always be my favorite way to fish.

Number of posts : 125
Rep Points :
1 / 1001 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 6/22/2008, 15:23

Oh yeah, You can't go wrong with a worm and bobber. You will certainly catch something..
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 248
Rep Points :
3 / 1003 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-19

View user profile http://garage-inc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down