Garage Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check engine soon light.

3 posters

Go down

Check engine soon light. Empty Check engine soon light.

Post  Admin 4/29/2008, 07:21

I accidentally left the key on in my girlfriends car killing the battery. After I jumped it and had it running the engine light came on. I hate these new freaking cars. Why in the world would the engine light come on after killing the battery?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 248
Rep Points :
Check engine soon light. Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Check engine soon light. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://garage-inc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Check engine soon light. Empty Re: Check engine soon light.

Post  NesOne 4/29/2008, 08:19

Not sure, but it might be a fluke. Try disconnecting the battery... again and see if it goes away.
NesOne
NesOne

Number of posts : 110
Rep Points :
Check engine soon light. Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Check engine soon light. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  buzhunter 4/29/2008, 18:48

Some cars flash codes with the check engine light and the light will stay on if there is info that the computer needs to tell you. For example, I had a car that would show the light for the first 4 starts after the battery was dead or disconnected. If I read the codes it would just tell me that I had lost battery power. I'm assuming that the purpose of this particular code was to let me know about a possible loose connection. Just thought I'd throw that out there, you never know about these fancy new computers, lol.
buzhunter
buzhunter

Number of posts : 125
Rep Points :
Check engine soon light. Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Check engine soon light. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  NesOne 4/30/2008, 00:45

Also, people have said that you can go to Autozone and use their code reader for free, or you can buy it and then just return it. I was planning on buying one, and I think it was like $150 or so. I feel that it's worth it, because I plan on keeping my car forever...
NesOne
NesOne

Number of posts : 110
Rep Points :

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 4/30/2008, 08:42

Go figure, I was going to take it in today after work but when I went to start it it's not on anymore.
I hate these new friken cars, give me something pre-80's and I can actually work on it myself.
Not to mention know what's wrong...
Something else I hate about this car is it's traction control with a rev limiter. I got stuck in my driveway this past winter simply because I wasn't able to rock it. It won't let you spin the wheels.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rep Points :
Check engine soon light. Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Check engine soon light. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 4/30/2008, 08:44

NesOne wrote:Also, people have said that you can go to Autozone and use their code reader for free, or you can buy it and then just return it. I was planning on buying one, and I think it was like $150 or so. I feel that it's worth it, because I plan on keeping my car forever...

Yeah, we went there to use one, found out it was a leaky gas cap. That's a nice service to have.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rep Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 4/30/2008, 08:48

buzhunter wrote:Some cars flash codes with the check engine light and the light will stay on if there is info that the computer needs to tell you. For example, I had a car that would show the light for the first 4 starts after the battery was dead or disconnected. If I read the codes it would just tell me that I had lost battery power. I'm assuming that the purpose of this particular code was to let me know about a possible loose connection. Just thought I'd throw that out there, you never know about these fancy new computers, lol.

This car said reduced engine power in the instrument panel and would only idle for about 15 minutes, then it went away. Who's bright Idea was it to put a computer in a car.LOL
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rep Points :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down